Learners Licence in Chandigarh:
How to Apply for Learners Licence?
You can apply for a Learners Licence at the RLA office in the following ways:
A. Steps to follow for ONLINE:
1. Download Learner’s License Form (pdf file) from the RLA website
2. Get your medical certificate from any MBBS doctor
3. Complete the form with all documents
4. Apply Online
5. Take the printout filled form
6. Book an appointment for an RLA office visit
7. Submit all your documents and printout at RLA
8. Deposit your fees (both for LL & RDL)
9. Get your photo & bio-metrics clicked/scanned for LL & RDL
10. Appear in Learner’s License Computer Test
11. If you pass then collect your Learners Licence Certificate; if fail then reappear in the test after 15 days.
B. Steps to follow for OFFLINE (at RLA):
1. Buy Learner’s Licence Form from RLA office
2. Book the appointment for form submission
3. Get your medical certificate from any MBBS doctor
4. Deposit your fees (both for LL & RDL)
5. Get your photo & bio-metrics clicked/scanned for LL & RDL
6. Appear in Learner’s License Computer Test
7. If you pass then collect your Learners Licence Certificate; if fail then reappear in the test after 15 days.
Regular Licence in Chandigarh
How to Apply for Regular Driving Licence?
1. Buy Regular Driving Licence form from RLA office or download (pdf file) from its website
2. Read instructions & fill the form
3. Attach all required documents with filled form
4. Book the appointment for form submission
5. Appear in Regular Driving License Test (practically)
6. If you pass it then collect your file receipt; if failed in test, then reappear in it after certain days as you are told at the time.
7. If pass, then present/submit this receipt to the RLA office as told
8. You will receive your Regular Driving Licence after 7 to 10 days either by post or by hand. That’s all.
International Driving Permit
How to Apply for an International Driving Permit?
Steps to Follow:
1. Buy file for International Driving Permit either at RLA sale counter or download (pdf file) from its official website
2. Read all the instructions before filling the application form
3. Fill the form and attach all the required documents with it
4. Deposit fees and file at the respective DL counter at RLA office and take fee receipt
5. Collect International Driving Permit from the DL distribution counter at the RLA office.
Important: Carry all the original documents whose attested copies have been attached to the file.